Monday, August 25, 2008

Little Update...

subtitled: Big news!

Which, for a change, is good! Baby A turned out NOT to have the genetic metabolic disorder, but apparently had a stroke. Hold your horses, it IS good news. The area that shows damage is in the portion of the brain that controls vision, but they do not think that he will be blind, more likely have issues with depth perception. Perhaps that's my problem as well? He was released from the hospital yesterday, and has tons of follow-up appointments, but everything seems to be looking up.

I, apparently, *should* have looked up last week. I'm in mad-crazy organization mode. In other words, until I'm done, I'd be ashamed to let anyone into the house, as it looks like it's been ransacked by messy bandits.

So, in the spirit of organization, I decided to hang shelves in the dining room closet.

C (my oldest son): "Don't you think you should wait for Dad?"

Me: "If you were an adult, I'd probably be giving you the finger right now, butthead"

C: "I'm just sayin'..."

Me: "Get in the car, NOW"

I drove to the HO-me de-pot, bought what I needed, and came home, determined to prove just how handy this chick is.

LSS, while hanging the bottom shelf, the one on the top, which had boxes on it, fell, making the second shelf, also full, fall, which fell onto the bottom shelf, which fell onto my head.

Giving me a concussion.

TA-DA!

No comments: